Thursday 24 August 2017

M3 CE - August 2017


Trade Entry


Adjustments

Aug 22:
  • Self talk
    • My Greeks look good, but my t+0 line to the upside is slightly sagging. Since the RUT has been down huge points in the past few days I think there will be a rally OR slight pullback to the upside. If looking at probabilities, the highest probability for the RUT to do is either pause  or pullback (i.e. in this case pullback = upmove). 
    • Considering all of this I should try and flatten out my t+0 to the upside.
  • Adjustment
    • Condor: Rolled 10 shorts up to 1340 and 10 longs up to 1290



Aug 23:
  • Self talk
    • My Greeks look good, should I try and flatten out my t+0 line to the upside more? WHY am I obsessing over this fucking line? STOP obsessing over the t+0 line.
  • Adjustment
    • Decided last minute to NOT make an adjustment.



Aug 30:
  • Self talk
    • My greeks are good, but my t+0 line to the upside is not flat. If I make an adjustment it ends up reducing my Delta e.g. starting delta -16 if I make an adjustment to flatten my t+0 my delta drops to -1.56. Should I be making an adjustment to flatten the t+0 to the upside? 
  • Adjustment
    • I've decided not to make an adjustment and stay in the position the way it is.


Aug 31:
  • Self talk
    • Can't keep my VEGA and DELTA negative and RUT is 25 pts above my upper wing 
  • Adjustment
    • Rolled the butterfly 30 pts up. I could not keep my 14 lot butterfly and therefore tried to keep my butterfly at 10 lot but due to capital requirements I was forces to buy a 9 lot butterfly.

Sept 6:
  • Self talk
    • I need to bring my put butterfly to at least a 10 lot, because that's what Dave said is the minimum number of bf's.
  • Adjustment
    • Added an additional 1 put butterfly to bring my M3 to a 10 lot.


Sept 7:
  • Self talk
    • I need to balance my t+0 line out, I have too much risk to the upside. I should flatten the t+0 line to the upside.
  • Adjustment
    • I had to take money out of my deep ITM long call because I didn't have any cash in my account.
    • Diagonal trade from current month call to previous expiry Oct 13
    • Sold a vertical to balance t+0 to the upside


Sept 11:
  • Self talk
    • Maybe if I control Delta using a Call Vertical I won't have to make a drastic adjustment.
  • Adjustment















No comments:

Post a Comment